Acid reflux or Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is a chronic condition that occurs when the acid in the stomach moves into the oesophagus.
Symptoms of acid reflux in dogs include:
- Bad breath
- Bloating (often after eating)/Stomach sensitivity to touch
- Vomiting/Regurgitating after food
- Loss of appetite/Lethargy after eating
- Gagging/Difficulty swallowing
- Licking lips
- Excessive thirst/Thirst for cold water
- Evidence of pain or discomfort (often after eating, such as wincing, whining or pacing)
- Restlessness/Hunching over
- Restless sleep
- Reluctance to walk/move
- Change in bark
Prolonged or recurring GERD if left untreated too long can result in weight loss from lack of nutrients, narrowing, thinning, or necrosis of the oesophagus, ulceration, damage to the lungs, or aspiration pneumonia due to vomit entering the dog’s lungs.
This Acid Reflux Relief Remedy can assist with GERD symptoms, digestive sensitivity to certain foods, and can help calm your dog and ease the stress/shock on their body.